Land Survey Crew Chief responsibilities: construction staking, surveying section corners, establishing section corners, staking access roads which may include slope staking across roads and well location pads Safety workplace practices expected. Also: topographic surveys and x-sectioning. Mathematical calculations, field checking and field data; Accurate and clear notes and note reduction. Read/understand plans and specifications. Know basic sources of measurement errors. Know principles of monumentation, staking and marketing. Responsible for Quality Control and performance of all work. Completion of timely and accurate eTimeTrack for all time and expense activity. Responsible for meeting with clients and public land owners as representative of the Company.
Education: HS or GED. Min 3 yrs experience as Crew Chief. Knowledge of land development within the surveying industry with strong math and computer skills. Experience with survey measuring instruments including: levels, GPS equipment, total stations with electronic data collecting capabilities. Technology acumen a must.
Company is major provider of land surveying, drafting and civil engineering services for land development. Specialize in layout and design of well locations, roads, pipelines, evaporation ponds, compressor sites and all related facilities. Company prepares field maps, documents used in the APD, access permits, stream crossing applications, flood plain studies, structural designs, and design plans and specifications.
Registered Professional Land Surveyor (RPLS) or Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) a plus but not required
Motor Vehicle Report and Drug/Alcohol pre-employment screening prior to employment
Drive to and from sites daily.
- Set up, adjust, and operate survey equipment including; total station, data collector and GPS equipment.
- Measure distances, angles, and elevations for staking purposes.
- Reviewing survey field calculations and adjust when needed.
- Locating or establishing vertical and horizontal control.
- Utilizing Tremble equipment to measure all utility points including; curb and gutter, water & sewer, storm drain and paving.
- Prepare field notes and complete as-built drawings.
- Prior experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D to verify calculations are correct.
- Responsible to maintain work issued vehicle, laptop, and survey equipment.
- Follow safety protocols.
- Work independently as a one-man crew.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering plans.
- Effectively communicate with contractors, inspectors and team leaders in high pressure environments.