This is a direct hire position.
Talis Group’s client is a successful international manufacturer of automated equipment. This esteemed company is seeking a dynamic Technical Writing & Development Manager to join their leadership team at their Louisville, KY area headquarters. The successful candidate for this key position will have proven staff leadership, mentoring and coaching experience for a technical publishing team of writers, editors and graphic designers. Manager will develop and control the quality and production of technical training curriculum for equipment based products in multimedia and print. A high energy and upbeat manager is needed to lead this important department. Company offers highly competitive compensation, bonus potential, benefits package and work/life balance (regular business hours with less than 5% annual travel).
· Direct creation and revisions to written lesson content (text and graphics) and all supporting technical training materials (print and computer based) for equipment based products
· Positively develop, coach and mentor department team
· Ensure technical accuracy and quality of written training materials
· Create documents such as product specifications and table of contents
· Consultant and coordinate with engineering, sales, and publication departments on learning systems
· Assist with customer training and service; perform product demos
· Project management including creating/maintaining reports, development plans, project descriptions and tracking documents
· Attend trade shows and conference as needed
· Bachelor degree in engineering, technology or equivalent technical experience and education
· Technical publishing background with demonstrated leadership, project management and coaching skills
· Customer service mindset needed for positive interact with employees and customers
· 5+ years’ technical specialty/manufacturing experience such as robotics, industrial automation, electrical, PLC, mechanical and fluid power
· Excellent project management and technical writing and editing skills (i.e., product specs)
· Organized with a strong attention to detail and accuracy needed for multimedia and print project planning and deadline adherence
· Ability to problem solve and generate ideas for obstacles as they arise; adapting to changing demands
· Strong Excel software and analytical skills needed
· Up to 5% annual travel required for customer visits, conferences and trade shows
Never worked with a recruiting company before? You're in good hands with Talis Group! If your skills and experience fit the job, we can give you the inside scoop on company and position.
This information is a brief job summary for recruiting purposes only and does not constitute the entire job description, duties or requirements for this position.
Talis Group is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates are considered based upon their skills, performance and potential, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.