Oracle Application Developer
JT4 provides engineering and technical support to multiple western test ranges for the U.S. Air Force and Navy under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech II. We develop and maintain realistic integrated test and training environments, and prepare our nation's war-fighting aircraft, weapons systems, and air crews for today's missions and tomorrow's global challenges.
Provides technical expertise and guidance to unit personnel involved in conversion of data from project specifications and statement of problem and procedures to create or modify computer programs requiring and applying advanced, comprehensive knowledge of programming techniques and computer systems.
• Individually analyzes, designs, codes, tests, implements and maintains complex computer programs/systems and produces technical documentation.
• Converts project specifications into a sequence of detailed instructions and logical steps for coding into a language readable by computers, applying knowledge of computer programming techniques and computer languages.
• Contributes technical input and guidance in the design and documentation of the most complex computer programs.
• Uses computer-aided software tools, such as flowchart design and code generation, in each stage of system development.
• Operates computer systems to check out programs, troubleshoot and test systems.
• Monitors performance of programs after implementation.
• Analyzes, reviews, and alters computer programs to increase operating efficiency or to adapt to new requirements.
• Prepares documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
• Develops user manuals to describe installation and operating procedures.
• Provides technical assistance to program users as required.
• Provides work direction to subordinate department or work unit employees.
• Performs related work as required. SPECIFIC DUTIES OF THIS POSITION Design, develop, deploy, and sustain business-type Oracle-based applications in a Unix-based three-tier environment. This position encompasses all parts of the standard software life cycle from requirements gathering thru real-time maintenance and customer support. The primary software applications are based on the Oracle PL/SQL technology stack.
Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to their job.
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting (up to 20 pounds), constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, and constant mental alertness.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Programming or equivalent technical training from an accredited academic institution, completion of a recognized certification program, or equivalent experience and demonstrated skills, knowledge, and technical competence in computer programming. Possess 12 years of additional related experience which included supervisory responsibility. Must have demonstrated proficiency with required computer languages and a good understanding of computer systems including networks, servers, and personal computers. Must possess planning and organizing skills and must be able to work under deadlines. Must possess verbal and written communication skills to permit interaction with other employees. Must qualify for and maintain a government security clearance and possess a current State issued driver's license. We will consider qualified applicants with fewer years of technical experience and supervisory responsibility than listed above. SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION Practical experience with the logical and physical design and development of Oracle databases (10g/11g/12c). Practical experience with Oracle Forms and Oracle Reports (10g/11g) design and development. Practical experience with the classic PL/SQL programming language-based Oracle application development toolsets to include Oracle Forms (11g/12c) and Oracle Reports (11g/12c). Practical experience with SQL and PL/SQL design and coding using support tools such as TOAD, SQL
•Plus, or SQL Developer. Practical experience with Oracle Application Express (19.2+). Practical experience Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition. Familiarity with Oracle JDeveloper and the Application Development Framework. We will consider qualified applicants with fewer years of technical experience and supervisory responsibility than listed above. DISCLAIMER The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of persons so classified. Rev B Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Las Vegas.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process