About WSP USA
WSP USA, formerly WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms—WSP. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 7,000 people in 100 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. wsp.com.
WSP USA is seeking a highly energetic, self-motivated, and goal oriented Senior Supervising Architect
in the Transportation Facilities Group located in the Philadelphia Office. With the intimacy of a small group of staff, along with the support of a large firm, this is an excellent and unique opportunity for the right candidate to challenge themselves and to grow their career.
The Transportation Facilities Group (TFG) leads and design projects that supports local and regional growth initiatives through small and large transportation projects. Our goal is to team with our agency clients and to develop solutions to the complex challenge of advancing transportation throughout the region. TFG has over 60 engineers and architects throughout the Northeast Region, with major design hubs located in New York City, Boston, St Louis and San Francisco.
The candidate will lead projects and staff for wide array of projects in the transportation field. Responsibilities include business development, client meetings, staff management, and contract document development. Typical projects include bus and stations, airports, maintenance facilities, parking structures, administration buildings, etc.
Typical projects types include:
- Business development including teaming arrangements, and proposals
- Client interaction including presentations, liaison;
- Staff hiring and management;
- Project Management of various tasks
- Full understanding of contract document development for traditional and alternate delivery projects;
- High level review of architectural designs and code compliance;
- Overseeing the development and scheduling of construction documents, including specifications for renovations and new construction of transportation type facilities
Growth Opportunities include:
- Transportation segments include rail, bus, airports and marine ports; Facility building types include administration buildings, tolling structures, parking structures, bus and rail stations including associated maintenance facilities, ancillary buildings, vent buildings, etc.;
- Pre-K through higher education school buildings;
- Low rise office buildings as well as office fit outs;
- Resiliency related studies and design;
- Parks and recreation centers.
- Lead a group of engineers and architects;
- Work closely with office leadership to pursue opportunities and win new work;
- Become the go-to person for all facility related work in the area;
- Lead high profile type projects such as traditional design-bid-build as well as alternate delivery projects
WSP is looking a candidate with excellent oral and written communication skills that has the ability to lead and grow work load and staff, and can handle varied projects across varied disciplines. The candidate must have a minimum of 15 years of architectural experience and be capable of effectively leading tasks and staff. Detailed experience related to architectural building design and construction support services is required.
- BA in Architecture
- 15+ years of experience
- Strong knowledge of local clients and/or agency work (SEPTA, MARC, City of Philadelphia, Amtrak, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of construction drawing standards and building codes, as well as ADA compliance;
- Transit architecture related experience required;
- Solid understanding of architectural tools (AutoCAD, REVIT, SketchUp, Rhino, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Excellent communication and writing skills, attention to detail and highly organized.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and able to multi-task.
- Registered Architect in Pennsylvania; NCARB certified a plus;
- Philadelphia area resident preferred
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F)/Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Philadelphia.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process