As a part of our growth, PGW is looking for a dedicated Warehouse Lead. The Warehouse Lead -- PGW position is under the direction of the Branch Manager, and it is responsible for filling orders and other general duties involving physical handling of product, materials, supplies and equipment.
Essential Job Duties:
* Is responsible for filling orders and other general duties involving physical handling of product, materials, supplies and equipment.
* Customer service responsibilities including order-taking.
* Manually loads, unloads and stocks automotive glass parts.
* Operates warehouse equipment including a fork lift to perform the shipping, receiving, restock, and hauling activities of the product.
* Assist with loading delivery vehicles.
* Assists with physical inventories and cycle counts.
* Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
* Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse; conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety.
* Provides training, coaching and day-to-day direction to team members.
Education & Experience:
* Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
* Previous experience as a Lead worker or Supervisor in a warehouse/distribution center or similar environment.
* Must have an excellent driving record and valid driver's license.
* Must be able to work with minimal supervision and direction.
* Must be detail-oriented, organized, and able to multi-task.
* Must be able to safety drive motorized industrial equipment.
* Ability to quickly learn and become proficient with the Company's warehouse and delivery methods, techniques, and procedures.
* Must be able to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with both employees and customers; the successful candidate should display a positive, helpful demeanor, and a commitment to providing the best in customer service.
* Must be reliable/dependable.
Essential Physical Demands/Work Environment:
* Work schedules include day shift Monday through Friday.
* Must comply with all safety procedures and requirements which include wearing personal protective equipment.
* Requires sitting, standing, walking, lifting, pushing, pulling, bending.
* Requires sitting for periods of time while operating a fork truck.
* Also requires frequent bending, climbing, movement and lifting of up to 75 pounds during physical loading/unloading of trucks and when stocking products.
* Must consent to a background screen which includes a motor vehicle record check.
* Possession of a certified forklift license a plus.
Team Member: You have been assigned to the job title shown above. The duties shown are the generally accepted duties at LKQ Corporation for this role. Your duties may vary depending on your specific department /location, and your supervisor will discuss these variances with you. By your signature below, you acknowledge that you have discussed this role with your supervisor and understand your assigned duties.