JT4 provides engineering and technical support to multiple western test ranges for the US Air Force and US Navy under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech II. We develop and maintain realistic integrated test and training environments, and prepare our nation's war-fighting aircraft, weapons systems and aircrews for today's missions and tomorrow's global challenges.
JT4 provides engineering and technical support to multiple western test ranges for the U.S. Air Force and Navy under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech II. We develop and maintain realistic integrated test and training environments, and prepare our nation's war-fighting aircraft, weapons systems, and air crews for today's missions and tomorrow's global challenges. Performs as a lead on more complex engineering assignments. Performs a variety of engineering assignments in planning and overseeing research, design, development, manufacturing, testing, installation, integration, sustainment, operation, and maintenance of diverse software, electronic, and/or mechanical equipment and systems. Performs generally as a lead of a development, sustainment, or operations & maintenance team on more complex engineering assignments. Qualified candidates will:
• Perform as a Systems Engineer supporting engineering changes and sustainment on the GPS CRIIS (Common Range Integrated Instrumentation System), ARDS (Advanced Range Data Systems) and RPI (Rapid Prototype Initiative) systems
• Work across the entire GPS program and infrastruture in a variety of roles including planning and overseeing reearch, design, development, manufacturing, testing, installation, integration, sustainment, operation and maintenance of diverse software, electronic and/or mechanical equipment and systems
• Work with customres to identify system requirements and specifications, design, develop, implement and test applications, support fielding and analysis of applications, document, maintain configuration changes in a disciplined engineering environment.
• Have excellent ver bal and written communication skills.
• Perform other position-related duties and assignments as directed.
Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to his/her job.
This position involves work typical of an office environment with no unusual hazards. There is occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting with occasional use of computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, and constant mental alertness. Routine travel to remote Company work locations may be required.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
The incumbent must have a Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET-accredited academic institution and 4 years of related engineering experience, or have an accredited Master of Science in Engineering with at least 2 years of related engineering experience, or have an accredited doctoral degree in Engineering. The incumbent must have mastery of concepts, principles, and practices of engineering that enables the employee to serve as a technical authority on projects relating to the specific programs. The position requires knowledge and skill sufficient to apply the latest developments in engineering to solve problems in the specialty area along with excellent communication and analytical skills. The incumbent must have a working knowledge of computer systems and computer-based engineering tools and possess planning/organizing skills. The position may require the ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in operational hardware and software. Incumbent will be required to qualify for and maintain a government security clearance and must have a valid, current state driver's license. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Working knowledge of Global Navigation Systems (GPS)
• Radio Frequency (RF) Transmissions
• Microsoft Office Experience
• Basic System Data Analysis
• Basic to advanced computer networking skills
• Experience with integration, testing and analysis of multiple types of government GPS receivers
• Advanced Radio Frequency (RF) transmission and receive knowledge (Over the Air (OTA)/Data Link)
• Experience with MIL-STD-1553
• Experience with Aircraft Instrumentation
• Knowledge of aircraft and ground safety around a variety of platforms (F-15, F-16, F-22 and F-35)
• Utilization of Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) programs for system documentation (I.E. AutoCAD)
• Software development skills for use in requirements development and system development
• Program Management experience or training
• Advanced Networking Skills
• Technical Writing Skills DISCLAIMER The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of persons so classified. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Las Vegas.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process