JT4 provides engineering and technical support to multiple western test ranges for the U.S. Air Force and Navy under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech II. We develop and maintain realistic integrated test and training environments, and prepare our nation's war-fighting aircraft, weapon's systems and air crews for today's missions and tomorrow's global challenges.
Purchases commonly used "off-the-shelf" materials, supplies, equipment, and services (e.g., utilities, maintenance, and repair). Transactions usually involve local retailers, wholesalers, jobbers, and manufacturers' sales representatives. Quantities purchased are generally small amounts, e.g., those available from local sources, and are at the most favorable price consistent with quality, quantity, specification requirements, and other factors. Acts as aq lead buyer and mentor to subordinate buyers.
• Solicits bids, analyzes quotations received, and selects or recommends suppliers to its internal customers
• Locates or promotes possible new sources of supply and keeps up to date information on market trends, changes in business practices in the assigned markets, and new or altered types of materials entering the market, etc.
• Expedites delivery and visits vendors' offices and plants in order to maintain vendor and client partnership
• Directs the work of lower level buyers and/or one or more clerks who perform routine aspects of the work
• Interview prospective vendors. to fulfill typical business needs
• Establishes and maintains effective relationships with all internal and external customers
• Construct full Scope of Work (SOW) Requirements and pertinent supporting documentation such as project specifications, design, safety requirements, security requirements, vendor qualifications, pricing, scoring and evaluation process, and award of project process, along with execution of contract
• Recommend and suggest departmental cost savings through effective negotiations with assigned vendors, by leveraging bid solicitations through volume discounts, and other sourcing techniques and strategies
• Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to their job.
Work is primarily sedentary in an office environment; however, some walking, stooping, bending, climbing stairs, stretching and lifting (up to 25 pounds) is required for such purposes as filing and gathering supplies. Frequent use of a computer is required. Routine travel to remote work locations may be required.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration preferred or equivalent skills and a minimum of 10 years of related experience. The employee must have knowledge of common business, industrial, and trade practices with respect to sales, prices, cost comparisons, discounts, deliveries, stocks, and shipments of varied items purchased. Must also have knowledge of commercial supply sources such as sales literature and sales representatives. The employee must have a complete understanding and knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) in order to comply with governmental policy and procedure. DoD experience is a plus. Skill and tact are required in dealing with suppliers to ensure adequate and timely response to purchasing needs, and to ensure the lowest possible price is obtained. Possess skills in the use of a personal computer and be familiar with Microsoft Office tools, government purchasing systems and databases, email and the Internet. Possess effective oral and written communication skills and organizational skills. Must qualify for and maintain a government security clearance and possess a current State issued driver's license. A Little about Ridgecrest, California This position is based in Ridgecrest, California, in Kern County in the southern part of the Indian Wells Valley. Residents are attracted to area for its clean air, good water, highway accessibility, easy access to multiple recreational opportunities, and proximity to major Southern California resources in Los Angeles, Bakersfield, and the Antelope Valley. Ridgecrest is a small, patriotic, family-oriented community, where many of the residents contribute to the vital support of the Navy mission at the nearby China Lake Ranges. Residents live minutes away from community activities and parks, shopping, and the JT4 office. Community parks cover nearly a hundred acres and include playgrounds, a skateboard park, soccer, softball, baseball, and football fields, basketball, tennis, and racquetball courts. Residents enjoy a variety of community events held throughout the year at local city and county parks and cultural centers. Surrounded by four mountain ranges, Ridgecrest is a hub of activity for outdoor enthusiasts, where residents regularly take advantage of Ridgecrest's close proximity to all the best California has to offer in outdoor activities at nearby national forests and wilderness areas including Yosemite, Mono Lake, Sequoia, Red Rock and Owens Peak. The sunny California beach is only three hours away. Ridgecrest is near two major highways, the 395 and 14. The Ontario and Burbank Airports are a little over a two hour drive away. The drive to the Lancaster/Palmdale area is approximately an hour and quarter. DISCLAIMER The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of persons so classified. Rev A Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Ridgecrest.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process