Job Summary: Responsible for completion of daily team production schedules. This position will provide support/assistance to supervisors, coach team members and act as a liaison between supervisors and staff for efficient delivery of information.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Assists with scheduling and oversees daily assignments to ensure quality control and maximum productivity of employees in accordance with production requirements.
2. Inspects and recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
3. Enforces and coach's safety working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance of safety standards and regulations.
4. Trains others.
5. Analyzes or resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
6. Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
7. Performs production work as necessary.
8. Initiate and support the continual improvement of LKQ Corporation quality improvement system.
9. Assumes other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications (Minimum Required Experience, Education, Knowledge/Skills/Abilities, Essential Physical Demands):
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: 2+ years heavy duty repair and maintenance experience. Up to three months or more of warehouse-related experience, supplemented by on-the-job training to learn associated duties and the nature of work performed, as well as procedures and work methods in order to become familiar with the company's products, locations, machines and equipment, operating methods and proficiency requirements necessary to fully assume the responsibilities of the job.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES: Possess good communication and leadership skills. Have knowledge of and understand OSHA, "Right to Know" and all other applicable governmental regulatory agency programs, regulations and practices. Must be familiar with the company's products and warehouse methods, techniques and procedures. Must be able to work in cooperation with others. Must be attentive to detail and ensure accuracy in work assignments. Must be able to communicate effectively with others. Must have the flexibility to work variable schedules, including weekends. Ability to effectively lead and train others.
MACHINES, EQUIPMENT, AND SOFTWARE: Forklift, order selector, pallet jack, pull cart, ladder, telephone, and Microsoft Office software.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS: This position requires individuals to be able to work warehouse inventory including lifting equipment, engines, transmissions, differentials etc.; must be able to move/lift up to 75 pounds. Should not have any lifting restrictions and must not possess fear of heights. Should be able to tolerate high and low temperature levels. Should possess special skills in the operation of a forklift in negotiating the lift in close quarters. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud.