EMPLOYMENT VALUE PROPOSITION: Mental Health Center of Denver provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we serve in everything we do. MHCD offers a great benefit package, flex scheduling, loan forgiveness programs and a culture of wellbeing. We are committed to making a difference in your life and the lives of people we serve. Trauma informed principles are actively practiced and supported across all areas of the Mental Health Center of Denver.
POSITION SUMMARY: As a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, you will be responsible for providing specialty health care and direct psychiatric services through comprehensive evaluation, diagnoses, and treatment of consumers. You will also ensure the correct administration of medications, monitoring the results of medicated treatments, preparing care plans, collaborating with attending psychiatrist to maximize efficiency of psychiatric services, including partial coverage in psychiatrist.
Other responsibilities include:
SALARY RANGE: $120,000 - $135,000
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Provide direct psychiatric services through comprehensive evaluation, diagnoses, and treatment of consumers.
* Prescribe and administer medications, and assist consumer s in medication management in collaboration with the attending psychiatrist under state guidelines:
o A stabilized severe and persistently illness
o An acute self-limiting condition (condition with a defined diagnosis, predictable outcome, and is not threatening to life or limb).
* Collaborate with attending psychiatrist to maximize efficiency of psychiatric services, including partial coverage in psychiatrist.
* Provide consultation to staff, participate in staff conferences and serve on committees.
* Provide coverage for psychiatric emergencies, including mental health hold evaluations.
* Complete medical records and reports, and provide needed referrals to medical services for psychiatric consumers.
* Coordinate consumer care with respect to access to services, lab tests, case management, primary clinician, outreach services, other agencies related to the consumer’s care.
* Contact pharmaceutical companies in regard to educational materials, samples, and other information.
* Other related duties as assigned by Program Manager.
EDUCATION: Master of Science Psychiatric Nursing. Valid Prescriptive Authority in the State of Colorado in good standing.
EXPERIENCE: 4 years of experience in relevant clinical setting with understanding of psychiatric services in the area of health and psychological assessment, clinical diagnosis, pharmacology, and direct consumer services.
At Mental Health Center of Denver you will be part of a growing, dynamic not-for-profit organization committed to a diverse and ever-changing, work environment that rewards honesty, loyalty, commitment, and integrity. We are committed to continuously providing the highest level of quality services and standards for our consumers as well as our employees.
Our facility is approved by the National Health Service Corps (NHSC), and we offer our employees the opportunity to participate in our Loan Repayment Program. Additionally, we provide a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computers, calculators, fax machines, copiers, telephone and a variety of other office/clerical equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching. May require lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, the telephone and other office and/or clinical equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: May require occasional evening or weekend hours.