TSI is a global leader in respiratory fit testing and dust monitoring solutions designed to protect human health and our environment. The Instrument Sales Representative will be responsible for the following product lines; Portacount-respiratory fit testing, DustTrak-dust monitoring, and our recently acquired Quest Product-heat stress, hearing level, & indoor air quality to achieve sales volume targets consistent with our business goals. This individual will provide solutions that improve compliance and data management for customers with a focus on key market segments including healthcare, industrial, environmental and fire services in the the following states: Ohio, Kentucky, & West Virginia. Additionally, you will plan and implement sales strategies for the assigned region to achieve sales volume consistent with business goals and obtain customer information to position the TSI solution to effectively improve customer’s outcome. Take the next step in your sales career by joining TSI's Health & Safety Value Stream!
This individual will provide solutions that improve compliance and data management for customers with a focus on key market segments including healthcare, personal safety, industrial, and fire services in the following territory: Ohio, West Virginia, and Kentucky.
- Develop new customer relationships through consultative selling directly to end users via an effective needs analysis approach, and the utilization of product demonstrations to provide uncommon value.
- Leverage existing customer relationships through follow up, introduction of new products/solutions and training efforts resulting in the cultivation of customer referrals.
- Proactively research, ask, listen and clarify data in order to gain insight regarding industry trends and application information.
- Conduct targeted cold calling and other strategic activities in key market segments to drive individual territory management plan and achieve revenue goals.
- Collaborate with team members and actively participate in and lead team discussions, meetings and events as appropriate.
- Utilize Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool for analysis, administrative responsibilities, expense management and territory planning for effective opportunity and forecast management in designated territory
- Attend tradeshows, summits and conferences as a TSI brand ambassador
- Maintain a consistent professional presence (physical, verbal and written) when representing TSI.
- Act as a resource and mentor for Technical Specialist I team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering or Business or equivalent industry experience required
- 5+ years of progressive experience in the Sales arena, with a minimum of 2 years success focused on business development and achieving individual sales goals required
- Environmental Science, Industrial Hygiene, Medical Device & Equipment and/or Laboratory Services experience preferred
- Experience selling to multiple levels of buying influences within organizations highly valued
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and customer management software required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Technical aptitude to understand assigned products, with an astute knowledge of industry market trends
- Proficient in current Sales methodologies and best practices
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to a wide range of audiences
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and verbal/written communication skills
- Strategic and collaborative leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize and drive for results
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with other teams within organization
- Highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision
*Travels 60% to meet with customers and attend conferences, trade shows etc.
*Valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance required
*This person will work from a home based office
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Columbus.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process