Since time began, the earth’s been a generous contributor to people’s well-being. We haven’t been around quite that long, but The Nature’s Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started, the world was developing our motivation: Nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health.
Through our years, we’ve been a leader in health and wellness with our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business—that’s why The Nature’s Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the world. We’re a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We’re also a great place to work, with excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture. If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.Job Description
The Senior Manager of Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs & Supplements (VMHS) Product Development will manage technical projects, including design, development, and technology transfer of new formulas, products, and line extensions and provide technical support to existing products as needed. This position leads and supports new product development (NPD) through Stage-Gate and all pre and post evaluations, develops new or improved products/processes leading to product launch, and identifies, assesses and exploits enabling technology and delivery form platforms to support growth of current and future brands and platforms with an emphasis on proprietary and differentiated solutions.
- Independently plan, manage and complete technical programs necessary to design, develop and optimize new and improved formulations/products/delivery systems for products that meet customer needs and are robust and reproducible.
- Work with fellow business facing functions, such as Marketing, Consumer Insights and Sales.
- A keen understanding of research principles and the scientific method.
- Acts a leader and role model in fostering a test-and-learn environment that improves Research & Development (R&D) influence and effectiveness.
- Links formulation and/or product science and technology opportunities to the needs of the business through development and transfer of new products from Idea to Commercialization, transfers technologies from bench/pilot to manufacturing scale and successfully implements proprietary and differentiated technical solutions
- Manages complex business relationships with ingredient/bioactive, form or process technology partner companies, contract developers and manufacturers, consultants, vendors, cross-functional departments, and outside university experts to ensure customer needs and projects are executed in an efficient and effective manner.
- Manages the identification, assessment and development of enabling technology/delivery form platforms to enable meaningfully unique delivery of current and future ingredients/bioactives to grow Brands and Platforms short and long term pipeline value.
- Collect, analyze, interpret, draw conclusions and make recommendations from data to enable technical execution of projects.
- Modify methodologies to improve the quality, accuracy and usefulness of data.
- Provide technical recommendations to R&D, Project and Brand teams through clear and concise oral and written communications.
- Manages technical staff as needed including scientists, senior scientists and managers.
- Manage external resources such as consultants, co-manufacturers and co-developers.
- Develops, documents and transfers critical ingredient, product, process and analytical parameters/specifications to Supply Chain/QA to ensure consumer focused and robust design of new products, processes and characterizing methods.
- Ensure proper documentation for all technical and project work is completed.
- Develops and reviews intellectual property strategy and conducts patent searches, literature reviews and is current with cross industry technology insights.
- Understands application and benefits/costs to our product portfolio.
- Ensures competitive advantage through implementation of proprietary and differentiated technical solutions.
- Demonstrates ability to execute complex, multi-disciplinary technical projects. Shares and transfer knowledge and influences colleagues in other disciplines.
- May technically supervise, coordinate and review the work of a small staff of on-site or remote scientists and technicians.
- Provides input on budget allocation and project prioritization.
- Coordinates and influences Brand Marketing, Insights & Analytics, Supply Chain, R&D and QA as key member and activity owner on Project, Brand and Platform teams.
- 10+ years of industrial experience in the food, dietary supplement and/or value-added consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry with continually increasing scope of responsibilities.
- Will consider candidates holding a MS degree with 9+ years or a PhD with 7+ years of experience.
- BS, MS, PhD in Food Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Science or equivalent required
- Training or certifications in Project Management, Design of Experiments or equivalent is preferred
- 3+ years of experience in a supervisory role managing others at a functional or project level
- Breadth of technical knowledge and experience in application in Over-The-Counter (OTC) pharmaceutical/nutritionals/dietary supplement formulation, product, process and platform development and delivery systems, particularly solid dosage forms.
- Extensive experience in a business facing CPG environment
- Experience in technical projects and project/program/platform leadership in an R&D environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in NPD/Stage-Gate process from Idea through Commercialization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with proven ability to manage up and work well in a collaborative team environment
- Big picture thinking with attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Demonstrated expertise in strategic and tactical partnering with internal and external resources
- Experience in budget management, project prioritization and resource allocation
- Knowledge and application of design thinking, design of experiments and relevant statistical tools in product development
- Strong technical activity management in a stage-gate system is required
- Proven ability to deliver programs on time and within budget
- Product lifecycle management (PLM) system knowledge is preferred
The Nature's Bounty Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Nature's Bounty Co. offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at 631-200-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our on-line job postings.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Florham Park.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process