Electronic Technician Openings at JT4
JT4 provides engineering and technical support to multiple western test ranges for the U.S. Air Force and Navy under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech II. We develop and maintain realistic integrated test and training environments, and prepare our nation's war-fighting aircraft, weapons systems, and air crews for today's missions and tomorrow's global challenges. This job announcement encompasses multiple openings in a variety of electronics disciplines.
• The disciplines include: Beacons, Digital Electronics, Analog Electronics, Ground Radar and Auto-tracking radar systems, GPS, IFF, Microwave, Measurements, TCP/IP, Telemetry, Communications, and Video.
• Selected applicants will work on various types of electronic equipment and related devices by performing a combination of the following: installing, maintaining, repairing, overhauling, troubleshooting, modifying, constructing and testing.
• Equipment may include, but is not limited to, the following: transmitting and receiving equipment, digital and analog computers, industrial measuring and controlling equipment, microwave amplifiers and transmission lines, high voltage power supplies and keying circuits, indicators and displays, antenna positioning systems, Ethernet interface equipment, digital-to-analog conversion equipment and analog strip chart recorders
• Work requires practical application of electronic principles, ability to determine equipment malfunctions, and skills to put equipment in required operating conditions
• The daily accomplishment of electronic logbook entries, problem reporting and documentation of corrective actions are required Other Responsibilities: Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to the employee's job.
Work hours and shifts may vary and require occasional overnights or weekend work at remote locations. Occasionally perform assigned tasks indoors/outdoors in a field environment involving low light and moderate noise. May occasionally climb towers and ladders or perform work in confined spaces. Lift up to 50 pounds.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
: Level II: Education and/or training from an accredited college or technical school with courses in math, basic electronics, and microwave theory or a military equivalent is required. At least 3 years of hands-on experience is required. Level III: Associate's degree or higher from an accredited college or technical school with courses in math, basic electronics, and microwave theory or CCAF military equivalent is required. At least 7 years of hands-on experience is required. Demonstrated proficiency in general electronics (to include AC, DC, digital logic, data acquisition & solid state) and working knowledge of electronic, electro-mechanical, and computer systems along with test equipment used to maintain and repair equipment is necessary. Experience with tubes, transistors, logic gates, and/or high-power RF devices may be required. Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot to the component level and competency in soldering. Possess an intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, and Word). Preferred: Five (5) years of hands-on experience. Good understanding of tubes, transistors, logic gates and high-power R.F. sources. Full ISCET, ETA or FCC Radar endorsement certification. Education and course work from an ABET accredited technical school with one or more courses in Math, Basic Electronics, Microwave Theory, Telecommunications, Telemetry, and or RF disciplines. Possess a current TS-SSBI Security Clearance. Must be able to qualify for and maintain a DoD Top Secret/SSBI security clearance and be adjudicated to the tier process for access to specific programs. Must possess a valid State issued driver's license. DISCLAIMER The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of persons so classified. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Las Vegas.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process