Project Lead III - Acquisition
JT4 provides engineering and technical support to multiple western test ranges for the U.S. Air Force and Navy under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech II. We develop and maintain realistic integrated test and training environments, and prepare our nation's war-fighting aircraft, weapon's systems and air crews for today's missions and tomorrow's global challenges.
The Project Lead III -- Acquisition serves as an annex interface with the Customer, Teammates, Subcontractors, Range Manager, and Project Manager for the Annex Project Management Office (PMO). The incumbent will work cohesively on small to medium size projects of moderate complexity supporting annex, company and customer subcontract tasks/responsibilities. Additional functions and duties involve:
• Assist with the daily conduct of projects/program activities involving acquisition/subcontract tasks inclusive of but not limited to:
• Provide status reports/recommendations to Range Manager and Project Manager
• Make priority determinations and resource management and leveling
• Develop, review, and approve project documentation
• Maintain recommended source lists of qualified subcontractors, drawing upon their past performance experiences
• Assist with gathering pertinent information for the preparation of Requests for Proposal/Quotation and assists with verifying accuracy and completeness of proposal packages
• Interfaces with various business groups -- program, project, safety, security, data management, and accounting to clarify and ensure that all necessary data has been included
• Work closely with other functional groups (Engineering, IT, Finance, etc.)
• Assists with the preparation of procurement documents and change orders, including identification and inclusion of FAR Flow Down requirements from the prime contract. Ensures that terms and conditions will be appropriate
• Assists with the review of subcontractors' responses to requests for proposals/quotations, determines each subcontractor's ability to meet company and project requirements, analyzes estimates and costs, specifications/statements of work, price, and other contractual provisions with subcontractors to correspond with the FAR, DFAR, and JT4, LLC policies and mission needs
• Ensures compliance by maintaining auditable project files per Government requirements and JT4, LLC policies and procedures
• Maintain strong business relationships with first-tier subcontractors
• Prepares reports and contractual correspondence for project management and client. Maintains accurate tracking records tailored to the assigned subcontracts
• Serves as liaison between the project manager, range manager, subcontractor, and subject matter experts (end users)
• Prepare reporting to highlight cost reduction initiatives and performance improvements (technical and quality)
• Maintain established project portfolio
• Provide project status through project/program reviews
• Annotate lessons learned and archive project data
• Administer Work Management System (WMS) activities through the use of identified scheduling tools
• Follow company and Government processes and procedures as required maintaining accountability and responsibility for project schedule, budget, and requirements to deliver projects on time meeting required budget.
• Use established policies, procedures, and subject matter knowledge to complete assignments of medium complexity that vary in nature and sequence.
• Performs other related project assignments as requested.
Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to their job.
This position involves work typical of an office environment with no unusual hazards. There is occasional lifting (up to 20 pounds), constant sitting and use of a computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while writing, reviewing, and editing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, and constant mental alertness. Routine travel to remote Company work locations may be required.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Must have a Bachelor's or higher degree or any combination of formal education, training and experience equivalent to ten years involvement in technically demanding program or project assignments affiliated Possess knowledge of project management fundamentals and working knowledge of systems engineering processes that complement project management. Working knowledge of acquisition/subcontracts, federal government and commercial experience in administration of subcontracts, as well as knowledge of FAR/DFARS contracting policies and procedures in a DoD environment preferred. Familiarity with subcontract administration to include T&M, Labor Hour, Cost Reimbursable and Fixed Price Contracts, Basic Ordering (ID/IQ) experience preferred. Understanding of cost accounting principles to include direct and indirect cost components and factors. Individual should be familiar with Earned Value Management and be familiar with system engineering design and development principles. Knowledge of the Maximo Purchasing system is a plus. Excellent written and oral communication skills, a working knowledge of PC software packages (Word, Excel, Adobe Professional and Power Point) typically associated with procurement, and an ability to effectively negotiate subcontracts is also required. Must be able to deal with a variety of personnel and customers in a professional and courteous manner in diversified situations. Must have demonstrated knowledge and skills in resource organization and allocation, planning and budgeting, continuous quality and process improvement, configuration management, setting and measurement of program goals, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills. Incumbent must qualify for and maintain a government Security Clearance and possess a valid State driver's license. A Little about Ridgecrest, California This position is based in Ridgecrest, California, in Kern County in the southern part of the Indian Wells Valley. Residents are attracted to area for its clean air, good water, highway accessibility, easy access to multiple recreational opportunities, and proximity to major Southern California resources in Los Angeles, Bakersfield, and the Antelope Valley. Ridgecrest is a small, patriotic, family-oriented community, where many of the residents contribute to the vital support of the Navy mission at the nearby China Lake Ranges. Residents live minutes away from community activities and parks, shopping, and the JT4 office. Community parks cover nearly a hundred acres and include playgrounds, a skateboard park, soccer, softball, baseball, and football fields, basketball, tennis, and racquetball courts. Residents enjoy a variety of community events held throughout the year at local city and county parks and cultural centers. Surrounded by four mountain ranges, Ridgecrest is a hub of activity for outdoor enthusiasts, where residents regularly take advantage of Ridgecrest's close proximity to all the best California has to offer in outdoor activities at nearby national forests and wilderness areas including Yosemite, Mono Lake, Sequoia, Red Rock and Owens Peak. The sunny California beach is only three hours away. Ridgecrest is near two major highways, the 395 and 14. The Ontario and Burbank Airports are a little over a two hour drive away. The drive to the Lancaster/Palmdale area is approximately an hour and a quarter. DISCLAIMER The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of persons so classified. Rev A Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Ridgecrest.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process