Assistant Editor with Mandarin Chinese Bilingual skills to join an International News Organization.
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Steve Eskovitz
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $60,000 - $70,000A bit about us:
We have an outstanding career opportunity for a Mandarin Chinese Bilingual Assistant Editor to join a growing, global International News Organization located in the Washington, DC area.Why join us?
We offer an exciting and fast paced working environment along with an industry and area competitive compensation and benefits package.Job Details
- Maintain a keen focus on and awareness of global news events.
- Possess a clear understanding of digital news gathering and TV news production including editorial, logistical and operational techniques.
- Must be capable of efficiently handling multiple breaking news stories in a fast paced network newsroom environment.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Gather and enter data related to workload.
- Compile reports to managers for review, in both English and Mandarin.
- Constantly track correspondent assignments, shooting and delivery schedules.
- Work closely with general, business, talk format and long-form show producers to satisfy content needs.
- Develop and maintain a close familiarity with issues and personalities influencing news events in North and South America, as well as in China and the Asia-Pacific.
- Adhere to the highest journalistic standards for ethics and responsibility.
- Easily adapt to other duties and responsibilities required by the News Division.
- Possess an understanding of television news agencies and how they function.
- Bi-lingual in both English and Mandarin.
- Must have at least 3 years editing experience.
- Maintain excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possess an understanding of and appreciation for a multi-national, multi-cultural work environment.
- Have and maintain a clear understanding of how social media is used to cover and influence news events.
- Keen interest in China and Asia-Pacific.
- International news gathering and television field experience a plus.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Washington.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process