VP, Operations - Bothell, WA
FUJIFILM, SonoSite, Inc. We are an innovative and high performance culture with tremendous opportunities. People who work here are given the unique opportunity to contribute to the advancement of healthcare throughout the world. Headquartered in Bothell, WA USA, FUJIFILM SonoSite is represented by a global distribution network in over 100 countries. Since its inception, FUJIFILM SonoSite’s lightweight, robust products have created and led the point-of-care ultrasound market. From sophisticated urban hospital emergency rooms to clinics in austere, remote villages, FUJIFILM SonoSite systems are used by over 21 medical specialties and provide clinicians around the world with a cost-effective tool for improving patient safety and workflow efficiency. FUJIFILM SonoSite holds a number of prestigious design awards and has in excess of 145 patents.
As the VP of Operations, you will lead the ongoing transformation of Fujifilm Sonosite to a more globally-oriented, outsourced supply chain and will report directly to the President & Chief Operating Officer with accountability for financial forecasts, service, and quality metrics, as well as mastering the supply chain strategy. The ideal candidate will drive out inefficiencies in production, and deliver consistent strategies on; scheduling, planning, procurement, and supply chain initiatives. Engage with key customers and sales operations teams to create balance between customer demand and manufacturing capabilities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage all areas of Operations including Scheduling, Planning, Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Assembly, Quality Systems, Production Engineering, Warehousing, Shipping, Receiving & RMA Processes.
- Develop, implement and/or improve systems and processes that focus on customer satisfaction, optimal cost and quality, and supply chain excellence.
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership of Operations at the corporate level.
- Engage with key customers and sales operations teams to create balance between customer demand and manufacturing capabilities.
- Consistently achieve shipment revenue targets each month by managing inventory levels, the supply chain, product mix, forecast, and customer order changes.
- Drive cost improvements by developing opportunities for material, freight, labor and overhead cost reductions and fully implement changes to achieve results.
- Oversee all aspects of strategic sourcing, supplier development, policy and contract governance, and indirect spending activities with the key purpose of maximizing service levels and minimizing the organization's overall costs.
- Improve the existing Supply Chain by reducing lead-times, creating alternative tier two sources, facilitating beneficial inventory sharing arrangements, improving quality controls, and eliminating bottlenecks.
- Develop strategies, systems and processes that support accelerated growth and drive desired performance levels, reliability, and responsiveness.
- Monitor, review, and analyze data and performance statistics, business metrics of all service types and introducing and executing initiatives to improve performance.
- Design and build efficient internal systems and processes, including operational level agreements that regulate and enforce high performance standards among our network of vendors, owners and contractors.
- Collaborate with and support teams for tech and product application and alignment with approved budgets or strategic priorities.
- In collaboration with other leaders, optimize global manufacturing operations with outsourcing partners.
- Executive committee participation.
- Special Projects.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 10-15 years of experience within a technology manufacturing environment.
- 5 years in senior executive management (VP, SVP or C-Level).
- Currently working for a technology company generating at least $300 million in annual revenue.
- Expertise in leading a complex global supply chain, including logistics, export compliance, and vendor management.
- Technical Bachelors (Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) MS or MBA a plus.
- Attention to detail is of upmost importance and extraordinary prioritization skills - can execute when you notice things aren’t right.
- Excels at building and driving teams who meet and exceed their goals.
- Passion for perfecting the customer journey and know how to set teams and organizations up for success.
- Creative problem solver who sees every challenge as an opportunity to accelerate progress.
- Strong finance background and are able to tactically manage a P&L.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and get people outside of your direct team on board to help you succeed.
Skills and Abilities:
- Practical problem solving.
- Technical management, especially in relation to Engr/Ops transitions and dealing with service or supplier issues.
FUJIFILM SonoSite, Inc. offers a fantastic compensation package, including benefits, and a 401k program. Visit us today to learn more about our exciting technologies and how you can make a difference. To apply and obtain further details regarding key responsibilities and experience requirements, check out our careers page at www.SonoSite.com/careers .
FUJIFILM SonoSite, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and / or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department via phone at 425-951-1200, or via e-mail at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Additionally, the affirmative program/plan is available for review upon formal request by employees and applicants for employment in the Human Resources office during regular office hours.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Bothell.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process