Performs Diagnostic Radiographic Procedures according to department protocols, HFAP/TJC/local regulatory/CMS, State and Federal Regulations. Functions as the first line interface with customers and is successful in the accomplishment of their imaging needs. Participates in PI/QC activities. Responsible for processing and transmission of images to PACS.
1.Positions patients and sets technical factors for all diagnostic procedures. Sets high personal standards for film and image quality.
2. Follows department exam protocols.
3. Completes all ordered exams as per department protocol- documents why exam is not completed per protocol.
4. Modifies patient protocols negative to the patient, physical and cognitive abilities. Discuss these issues with the Radiologist and properly document patient information.
5. Ensures all exams are accurately labeled with patient ID, date, technologist ID and time of exam.
6. Covers patients during transportation and while performing procedures.
7. Ensures compliance with HFAP/TJC/local regulatory/CMS, State and Federal regulations.
8. Maintains medical and surgical aseptic procedures. Practices good infection control techniques, can fully explain universal pre-caution principle.
9. Able to assess pain interfering with imaging procedure- makes appropriate physician contact for intervention.
10. Has understanding and participates in PI process.
11. All QC is done at required intervals and appropriately logged- Service calls are placed if QC is out of controls.
12. Consistently maintains neat & clean workplace appropriate to hospital standards.
13. Work pace is consistent with the standards of other workers. Able to assist Radiologist with therapeutic procedures by having all supplies and techniques ready.
14. Sets technical factors accurately to minimize patient dose.
15. Utilizes Radiations Safety Techniques while performing radiographic procedures and properly shields patients when appropriate.
16. Follows all radiation safety standards for patients, employees & family members. Consistently determines pregnancy status of women of child bearing age, before performing exam.
17. Wears radiation badge as per protocol.
18. Uses personal protective equipment appropriately and regularly.
19. Informs and educates patients and families regarding procedure to be performed.
20. Ascertains patient understanding of process and informed consent.
21. Ensures consent is signed prior to examination.
22. Checks patients’ identification before exams by at least two methods.
23. Reduces risk of health care acquired infections through proper hand washing and equipment disinfecting.
24. Follows hospital policies to reduce risk of wrong-site, wrong patient, and wrong procedure occurrences.
25. Documents all medication reactions/infiltrations on appropriate form.
26. Works to improve effectiveness of communication among caregivers.
27. Communicates and documents patient’s condition/history for Radiologist.
28. Sends all applicable results of prior examinations with telerad examinations.
29. Has all abnormal results that are given verbally read back to ensure accuracy.
30. Checks and logs crash cart, med box and refrigerator on each shift or as required.
31. Demonstrates safe/ careful use of all equipment.
32. Reports all equipment malfunctions and call for service immediately using department protocol.
33. Attends and maintains mandatory training in safe patient handling, trained in safe lifting techniques, includes but not limited to 1) Appropriate use of lifting devices and equipment, 2) Five areas of body exposure: vertical, lateral, bariatric repositioning and ambulation, 3) Use of lifting devices to handle patients safely.
34. Helps answer front office phone calls.
35. Demonstrates courteous and appropriate telephone skills.
36. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
1. Licensure and fluoroscopy permit as required by State.
2. ARRT-R is required.
3. Must be familiar with State and Federal regulations.
4. Current BCLS (AHA).
5. Graduate of a program accredited by JRCERT or ABHES
6. At least one year of experience as a Radiology Technologist preferred.
7. Proficient computer skills
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf