We are looking for a talented individual with a strong background in the Waste Water Treatment Plant industry. We are also seeking someone who can drive improvements by identifying opportunities and delivering projects. This is a unique opportunity for a subject matter expert to leverage knowledge and experience and further engage in challenging projects.
As a Waste Water Treatment Plant Operator, the position will work with the Construction and Operations team. This role will offer a good variety of work.and will be able to manage individual projects. The successful candidate responsibilities:
What you will bring to the team:
- Certified Operator for a Waste Water Treatment Plant
- Completing other tasks as assigned: equipment management, data entry/tracking, general project support, etc.
- Maintain completion documentation.
- Maintain all job records and reports.
- Support waste water operations at other facilities
Our commitment to you
- B.S. in Chemistry or Biology, or related field
- 2-8 years of Waste Water Treatment Plant operational experience
- Must possess good mechanical aptitude as well as solid troubleshooting skills
- Ability and willingness to travel and perform field work 80-100% of the time (this will include working outdoors in adverse weather conditions)
- Ability and willingness to work overtime as required
- Ability to perform duties independently and at remote locations.
- Sufficient physical flexibility, stamina and balance to perform bending, reaching, kneeling, and lifting or moving up to 50 pounds.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail along with strong organizational skills
- Positive attitude; good interpersonal skills
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- 40-Hour HAZWOPER Certification is a plus
- Have current or have ability to obtain operator classifications –
- A-2b - Filtration of Waste water
- B-2a - Chemical Clarification
- B-2c - Oil Water Separation
- B-3b - Carbon Adsorption
- C-3a - Activated Sludge
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements. Why GHD?
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own? About GHDAs one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation. In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience. Interested?
Please submit your cover letter and resume via the link above.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Farmington Hills.
Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process