Immediate need for a talented Technician: Engineering – II with one of our direct client. This is a 5+ Months contract opportunity with long-term potential and is located in Hillsboro, OR. Please review the job description below.
Job Id: 20-16191
The Mechanical/Thermal engineering technician will validate mechanical/thermal engineering designs, assist in developing test plans, and ensure the correct validation procedures are being followed on tools utilized in the validation process. They may make sketches and rough layouts of validation test hardware or test units, record and analyze data, make calculations and estimates, and report their findings to engineers and engineering teams. Candidate will assist in the development of CPU thermal/mechanical solutions for various server and workstation market segments by working with a team of cross-site architects, mechanical, thermal, and electrical engineers. They will be testing thermal mechanical solutions according to the test plans which will include wind tunnel testing and testing of mechanical stresses using lab equipment. Technician will also manage the calibration tools used in the validation process and manage lab activities.
Minimum Qualifications (priority order):
· You must possess a two-year technical degree in a related discipline and/or more than five years of experience in related field
· Must demonstrate hands on ability with common tools and measurement equipment (Optical Measurement Machine or Load Frame)
· Familiarity with general lab testing procedures such as basic instrumentation, data acquisition, fixture design, etc.
· Familiarity with common manufacturing & design processes such as: sheet metal, plastic injection molding, machining, die casting, cold forming, etc. is a plus Knowledge of computer layouts and basic architecture.
· Knowledge of mechanical and thermal fundamentals.
· Knowledge of 3D CAD tools like Creo or Solidworks.
· Local Candidates are highly preferred and will be given first preference
Our client is a leading semiconductor chip manufacturer and we are currently interviewing to fill this and other similar contract positions. If you are interested in this position, please apply online for immediate consideration.